Thursday, January 5, 2012

You're a good guy...


I recently read one of my old journals from when I was 18. Halee and I read many of the pages together. It was so amazing to go back to that time...almost eerie. And yet, it seems like yesterminute (if there is such a thing)that it all happened.

I wrote about Chris and how he came all the way out to see me in Oregon the first time. I had written "Chris is a nice guy who will one day make some girl very happy. It's just not going to be me."

I am so glad I didn't follow my instinct on that one, because I couldn't have been more wrong. Chris is the most selfless human being I have ever known. I have always come first for him. Sometimes I feel selfish because in all honesty I am not as giving as him. (Remember my previous post about my oat??) I am so thankful to have him. I could never want more out of my life than having him in it. I know it sounds gushy but it's 100% true, and I have to say it, because he always needs to remember and know it.