Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Home...


You know what I miss? Georgia. Home. Yes, I moved away when I was 16 and I went with a fight too. Georgia was all I knew. I was born and raised in this wonderful state. All knew were tornadoes in Spring. Cornbread dressing. Fried green tomatoes. Lightening bugs. Scary humidity. Friends and strangers (myself included) saying "Ya'll."

I haven't been back to this dear place since I was 17. I had a splendid childhood. I cherish my memories. Nothing spectacular happened, but I could always count on consistency. Life was solid, and predictable. Something I consider a wonderful gift.

If I could go back for just a few days and forget the stress of being an adult, I would do it in a minute.

Even if it's just for a little while, I will one day make my way back to that beautiful place that has my heart.