Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"I get the Hawaii spoon!"


I thought you might want to take a look at a very important spoon that resides in our home. I have a love hate relationship with this spoon and I'm going to tell you why. Nearly three years ago when we took our first trip to Hawaii we stayed at a hotel that offered a hot breakfast. One of their spoons ended up hiding out in our bags until we spotted it thousands of miles away from it's home. You can't imagine the excitement we felt when we realized we had this spoon. It reminded us of pancakes and omelets. Eating outside at 6am in 80 degree weather. Little birds trying to eat our food rather than flies. It was truly a prized possession. Only problem? Every child fights over who gets to eat with it. This has literally gone on for 3 years! Scarlett wasn't even on the trip (she was in my tummy) and even she yells and screams "I want the Hawaii spoon!!!!!" So, this is why I sometimes hate the Hawaii spoon. Next time, I think i will stick with those cute little souvenir spoons that are too small to eat with.