Friday, October 30, 2009

Why I Love The People I Love...PartV



I grew up as the middle child . There were 5 of us and I was number 3. I had 3 sisters growing up and one little brother. Boy, was there a heck of a lot of drama in our house! I can remember being 7 and my little sister Gina was 4, and she and I were playing in a box. I recall that we were having so much fun and it dawned at me at that very moment that I wanted her to be my very best friend. So I looked at her and said "Hey Gina, lets be buddies!!!" And I can honestly say from that day forward we were inseparable. I loved her so much I wanted us desperately to be twins. Her name was Gina, so I would say "Okay, I'll be Tina!!" hehehe. I cherish my memories of my baby sister, and at times miss it with all my heart.

April was the one that gave me info as a teenager. She was the one that gave me the scoop about kissing boys and what to expect as I went from a child to a woman. April was also the one that would let you borrow clothes. The rest of us were just too selfish! April is the one that calls everyone, and brings everyone together...it's hard to explain!

My oldest sister Joely was the mean one, hahahaha!!! She would tell me that If I flushed the toilet I would actually go down it! And she would make me turn the channel for her and get her snacks because she knew I was afraid of her. She was 9 years older than me...I did what she asked, lol. But the interesting thing is, now that I am nearly 32, and she is 40, it's as though we are the same age. I look up to her so much. She is a registered nurse and I always know I can call her anytime I have a question about my kids or mine and Chris' health. She is an outstanding mom, and has never told her kids they would flush down the toilet. It is so true that once you get older, age is irrelevant!

I love my sisters so much, and they have impacted my life and I am so grateful to know they are always there, even if we all live so far apart. :)