Sunday, November 1, 2009

Why I Love The People I Love...Part VI


I was 6 years old when my one and only brother David was born. Being one of 4 girls, having a brother had always been a huge dream I wanted to come true. I remember holding him and saying to him "I promise I will never tell you I hate you." Funny the things we think of when we're kids. Unfortunately by the time David was around 4ish, I broke my promise. I didn't play with little Davie boy as much as I should have because G.I Joe and boy toys weren't really my thing, and Barbie's and Strawberry Shortcake weren't his. But how grateful I am to have a brother! I'm finding as I get older and time passes that the people we love won't be in our lives here on this earth forever. One day my dad will pass away, and who will help ease that? My brother. If my mom out lives my dad, David will be the rock we all lean on, I have no doubt. Of course I will have my dear husband, but as far as us sibs?? We will be grateful to have the male influence because having that brings comfort and peace. And my brother happens to be very smart and intelligent and very much like my dad. I love him! Above is a picture of he and his daughter, and wife Krysta (whom I also happen to love very much!)