Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Why I Love The People I Love...Part VII


Okay, I really feel sorry for those of you who can't stand your mother in law. This would be a horrible feeling. I am so blessed to have a good mother in law because I have heard of a few really scary, overbearing, controlling, nosy mother in laws!! (Sorry to sound harsh...but they DO exist!) My father in law passed away 16 months ago, and I loved and still do love him so very much too! I can honestly say that I am so grateful for these two for many reasons, but for the most part because they raised Chris to be a wonderful person! They raised him with the same core values I was raised with. Chris and I both come from different backgrounds. I am more of a city girl and he is really kind of a country bumpkin, but it goes to show you that as long as you share the same values and you love another, then none of that really matters! The thing that really matters is the fact that our parents loved us, and raised us to be good people. We make lots of mistakes, but we keep trudging ahead and attempting to raise our children with values that will lead them to have a life that brings them joy. I am grateful to my in laws (mother, father, and siblings too!) because they contributed in the making of my dear sweet husband. I will be indebted to them forever for just that.