Thursday, April 10, 2014

The bright side of life...

Whenever that time of the month approaches, I tend to get just a little bit weepy. This time has been worse than normal, crying over the dumbest silliest things you could ever imagine. Yesterday Chris asked me what was wrong, and I told and I was just so devastated because all the kids were growing up too fast. I think he was baffled due to the fact that we still have six kids under one roof.

Today when I picked Scarlett up from school, I took her on a walk. It just so happens that one of my least favorite weeds in the entire universe are the dreaded dandelion. But as we walked I noticed her picking them every chance she got. She finally had a handful and gave them to me, as she always does when she picks flowers. Wow. Talk about seeing life thru rose colored glasses. It reminded me to slow down and find the good. To not waste time on worry...and most of all on things that I cannot control.

Who knew that a five year old could share her wisdom just by living in joy.