Wednesday, April 9, 2014

San Fran...

Visiting places I've never been is something I find fascinating. Four of my girlfriends and I planned a trip around 9 months ago to do the rock 'n' roll half marathon (which I will blog about separately.) We stayed downtown so were surrounded by the true city life. We didn't even rent a car, so this gave us an opportunity to see the good the bad and ugly of San Francisco.

We took in a hockey game the first night, and it ended so late that we missed the last means of transportation to our hotel which was 40 minutes away. It was pretty hilarious/pathetic to see five women running around San Francisco desperately trying to find a way to get back home. Luckily we ran into a few different people who had the same problem we did, so we all stuck together and finally found a bus that would head back our way.

We also got to see the "full house" house up close and personal...gosh I loved that show. In fact, one of the girls on our trip is named Kim so we called her Kimmy Gibler most of the time. We also got to see the home that Mrs. Doubtfire was filmed him.

We had the opportunity to go to Alcatraz, and that for me was one of the major highlights of the trip. Learning the history there was completely amazing.

Other highlights were staying up late and getting up early… Which is usually how it goes on girls weekend. We are supposed to go and relax and we all end up killing ourselves by the end of it all, but it's worth it!

I am most of all thankful that we all have husbands who supported us in this endeavor. Until next year!