Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Distractions I'm thankful my mama didn't have...

My memories of childhood are sweet and good. I was never lonely and always had someone to play with. I'm so thankful to both my parents for the lovely memories I have been blessed with.

I especially want to say how thankful I am that my mom didn't have a computer. I can't even imagine her being on Facebook, or blogging...or texting, or looking at safari on her phone. She was always there. Yes, she had laundry and cleaning and all that motherly stuff, but I am so glad I grew up in a time where I didn't have to say "mom?....mom?...mom?" Before she finally looks up from her phone. I make this mistake often. I recently read an article titled "how to miss a childhood." It named several mistakes I personally make regarding how to manage time. I'm grateful because it reminded me once again to put it all down. To pick up a book and read it to my children. To put my phone where I can't hear or see it. 

I'm thankful for my sweet sweet wonderful babies (and yes...they are ALL still my little babies.