Monday, May 13, 2013

Why I miss dirty stinky diapers...

I think being a mom means loving it even when you hate it. I used to hate smelly diapers. I changed them day in and day out. Year after year, day after day. Now I have no babies in diapers, and what do you know? I miss it terribly. I miss silly things. Just this very night my kids asked why we never drink Vitamin D milk. I told them because it's disgusting and creamy and not okay. But then I remembered that the only time I ever had it in the house was for my 1 year olds. Again, I missed it. I have determined that I will never stop missing it. But this is good news. This means that I absolutely and positively love being a mother. I love the good. I love the bad. I love the ugly. I have a loving Heavenly father that guides me as I try to teach them. I couldn't do it on my own. I rely on him in every step I make, and ask him to help me be more patient when I am not. Mother's day was a good day for me. Thank you husband. Thank you children. You make my life beautiful.