Monday, May 13, 2013

The only time I have ever been a hippie....

I finished another half marathon this weekend. This is one I have never done but had heard lots of good feedback on. What could be better than running on Mother's day weekend with a bunch of other awesome women?? I love running races because I somehow feel a connection with other runners. I know how hard they have worked to be there because I myself have worked hard to be there. I was worried going into it because when we woke up the morning of the race it was already 62 degrees out and calling for a high of 85. I ran with my friends Tammy and Alexis. I loved being with them. It made the time fly by. The race itself was one of the very best races I have ever ran. Not in terms of getting a PR, but just because I felt great. I never felt like I was running out of gas (which is usually how I feel by mile 10.)Tammy has been training for a marathon and so I have been running 12's and 13's with her for the past month and I believe that is what made this run so much more enjoyable. I coulda/shoulda pushed myself harder but I just felt so good that I wanted to savor it. I finished in 1:56:32. An 8:53 pace. I will run this again in a heart beat. Thanks girls for making the time fly by. You both inspire me.