Friday, June 8, 2012

My girl, growing up...

Halee has officially made it through elementary and junior high. I now have a highschooler. Wow. I am so proud of this girl. She studies her rear off and is so impressive in how hard she tries. Her school recognized that she has been with them for 9 years. It was then that I realized how fast my child is growing up. It seems like yesterday...more like 8 hours ago...that she started kindergarten. She read a parents recognition letter in which she told me how much she appreciated me being such a "protective mother, guarding her hens." She couldn't have described me better. I will do anything to keep my children safe. If you are a bully to my child, watch your back, buddy. They are my world...and they won't be harmed under my watch. She told her dad how she recognized how "selfless" he is. If she one day finds a husband half as kind as her father, she will be set. I'm thankful she sees our good qualities and overlooks our not so good ones. It's wonderful seeing my girl grow into a woman. I would be devastated seeing her slip away if she weren't so beautiful to watch during the process. We love you Halee bug.