Sunday, March 18, 2012

Running green...




So the boys, along with Chris and I decided to run in the St. Patrick's run in The Dalles Saturday. The boys and Chris were going to do the 3k and myself the 10k. This was Christian's first time running a race. He's been looking forward to it for a long time. They did excellent! I was so proud of them. Christian only stopped a few times for short rests, and never once complained. Connor came in 3rd for his age group and Austin his 2ND for his. They were so proud and excited.

I myself am starting to feel deja vu regarding this race. This is my 3rd time running this course in the last two years, and every time I have averaged the same exact pace, 8:38. Not a second slower, not a second faster. Weirdness. That is unusual as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I never really ran it yesterday, and am just remembering the 1st time? Just too strange. Another strange thing is I look like I could be related to the guy in blue who I tried desperately to catch, but never could. Nice outfit though.

The kids waited patiently out in the cold while I finished my race.

It was windy as could be but the perfect temperature to race in. I have been running slower the past several months and was so worried about how slow I might run. I felt grateful to my body for not abandoning me, and helping me get through it. It was a fun experience.