Monday, March 19, 2012

Let's gather 'round...


Once upon a time I dreamed of having my very own porch swing, that I could gather my children on and swing into the wee hours of Summer evenings. Or sit on, holding my husband's hand at a ripe old age. My friend Maria made that dream come true a few days ago. I actually planned on building my own, but Chris didn't like the look, and I don't think he trusted my building skills either...what's up with that?!

He called my friend who is moving from her home soon, and asked if we could buy hers, and she said we could just have it. Boy, oh boy...Christmas at our house, that's all I have to say. All we had to do was paint it white to match our home.

I don't know what it is about a porch swing that makes me feel warm, fuzzy and at home. It's like my best friend Tammy said "It's the gathering place."

Now if I can just get some warm weather around here...