Friday, December 16, 2011

We work in numbers...

There are 45 kids currently in our school. The Principle recently told me that our family makes up 10% of the school. This has worked to our advantage with the latest school year. There are a few kids who have had some bully like characteristics that have tried to gang up on our kids for various reasons. Halee particularly was targeted by this one girl who is very insecure, and went after Halee with a vengeance. Thankfully Halee is a tough cookie and handled things the way she should. She never kept it a secret and communicated with me about everything. What makes me even happier though, is that all our kids stuck together like glue. If Austin saw someone saying something mean to his brothers or sisters he would tell that person to "knock it off!" All of them at least once, has come to the aid of their siblings at one time or another this year. This makes my heart feel hugely grateful.

Do you want to know what I'm even happier about??? Those mean kids are switching schools. Whew. I can breathe easier now.