Friday, December 30, 2011

Check out that oat..


My most favorite cereal, that I eat every single morning is Honey Bunches Of Oats. About a month ago, Chris and I decided to have some for a late night snack. A huge oat fell into my bowl as I was pouring it. This got me so excited , it was a little scary. Then, the worst thing ever happened. Chris came over, picked it up and ate it. I never expected myself to react the way I did...but sadly, I got angry and said "You ate my oat!!! How could you do that?!?!"

This has been sort of a family joke ever since. I recently spoke with my sister who said she is territorial about food. Our oldest sister is also an admitted food hoarder. In fact, my sisters boyfriend has now nicknamed her "Junkyard dog" because of the growls he gets when he comes near her food. So glad I'm not alone on this.

This morning, as usual I poured myself honey bunches of oats, and miraculously, an oat as big as the one my husband stole, fell into my bowl. And I got so excited I took it out of the bowl and snapped a picture...it slipped from hand, fell on the floor, and guess what I did anyway?? I ate it. I guess my sister isn't the only junkyard dog in the family.