Monday, June 6, 2011

Puzzle Pieces...


My first child was the easiest time of my mothering life, I must say. I had two, and still felt ahead of the game. Three???...not so much. Having number three stands out to me as a time where I realized this wasn't near as easy as a thought. It's also when I realized that I didn't have as much patience as I had always thought I had. Still though, we made the shot for number 4, and what came out? A little boy that never made a cry or a noise. He was the quietest baby ever. He was also kind of serious. He would just look at me with those blond curls and blue eyes, all serious and quiet and adorable. I think sometimes that Heavenly father sends us our children in a certain order on purpose. Christian came so that I would be willing to have two more. I have to admit though, he is now one of my loudest children.

Having lots of children also means less time for each of them. It doesn't have to mean less quality though. And it will never mean, that they are a lesser piece of the puzzle. I love them each with all this big mama heart, and I wouldn't trade one single one of them.