Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trout Lake 10k

I ran the Trout Lake 10k today and let me tell ya, it wasn't half as fun as the last 10k I ran and a little on the discouraging side. I started out way strong, running at an 8:30 for the 1st 2/1.5 miles, but then a hill hit...not a huge one...in fact very gradual, but it lasted a long time and it was accompanied by some very strong wind gusts. If you know me well, you know that hills are evil and wind is even more evil in my book. Wind keeps me from breathing properly causing me to feel like I will hyperventilate. The feeling sucks. Overall I finished at an average of 8:48. I am happy with the time due to the unfun conditions, but I would have liked to have finished at a quicker pace. Oh well, what did I tell you last time I ran a 10k at an 8:38 pace? You would probably never see me run that fast again?? At least I'm not a liar now. On a greater note, Connor ran the 5k and did awesome! That's a whole 3.1 miles and he hasn't even been training. You rock in the greatest way Connor!!