Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Staying young...

What is it with having that natural instinct to love and nurture babies even when you're just a baby yourself? I am the nursery leader where I go to church, and there are around 4 two year old girls, and one lone 3 year old boy...poor kid. All these girls, and I mean all 4, love to play with our basket of dolls. Feed them, cover them up, put them to bed, you name it. And what does the lone boy do? Play with the warrior castle guys, which of course carry swords, or knives, or shields. We really don't change a whole lot from birth to adulthood if you really think about it. We're still just us. I hope I still feel as young as I do now when I am 80 years old. I might not like my wrinkles when I get to that point, but that doesn't mean mirrors will have to exist in my house.