Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sorry for the damage....

One thing my parents taught me by example was the importance of "Date Night" with your spouse. My parents never, ever, ever missed a Friday night to go out, away from kids and eat and reconnect. Chris and I have been consistent about it the last few years and we cherish our night away together. I was on Facebook the other day and read a status update by my brother David...who is hilarious by the way. It said "Try this for fun: Go to a parking lot and get sticky notes and put them on peoples cars saying "sorry for the damage." Watching them is priceless." Soooooo, on my date with Chris Friday we decided to try it. We never do anything like this and thought, why not??? So we drive to the Rite aid parking lot and see this 30ish year old guy pull up in a pickup truck. Chris gets out and quickly puts the sticker on his car door. We sat about 10 minutes waiting for him to come out. When he did, he looked at the note, paused, then circled the car several times examining it for at least 3 or 4 minutes looking completely perplexed, all the while Chris and I are laughing our mean little hearts out. We did it a few more times and I gotta tell you...my brother was right....priceless. I'm happy Chris and I can have fun together despite the fact that we've been married 14 years. The fun never ends in this family.