Thursday, March 10, 2011

Remembering who I am and being happy about it...

I am a mom 24/7. This is a wonderful thing! It's the most important aspect of my life and always will be no matter what. It also requires that I re coupe, center myself and get away once in a while to remind myself that I am not just a mother and wife, but also a friend, a woman, and an individual person with individual interests. My mom tells me regularly that the one thing she regrets about motherhood is that she got lost in it. She never gave to herself. I don't want to make the same mistake. Luckily I have a husband who fully supports me and welcomes the chance for me to grow and find who I am so that when our kids are all grown up I don't have to figure it out then. Boy, he's pretty awesome. So, I went with a group of awesome girls to Portland for two nights this past weekend. It was a weekend full of laughter (to the point of tears) to eating out all the time (which I happen to love to eat.) to getting locked out of our car at midnight in the Walmart parking lot (don't ask) to getting fake (yes FAKE) tattoo's just to say we did it. Ahhh....too many memories to name. When I came home, my husband loved me more, my kids loved me more, and I loved me more....oh and I definitely loved them more too.