Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love Story...


I used to be so jealous of my friends for having a "Grandma and Grandpa."I mean, I had them too, but we grew up calling our grandparents "Mamaw and Papaw." I would say to my friends "I'm going to see my Mamaw", and they would say "what's a Mamaw??" Later on I learned to just call them Grandma/Grandpa to friends so I would avoid the questions and embarrassment. What a dumb thing to worry about, huh? But now...what do my kids call my mom and dad??? That's right...Mamaw and Papaw. I love this picture of my dad's mom and dad. They loved each other soooooo much. After my Papaw died and my Mamaw was left alone, whenever she spoke of him, and I mean every time his name came up...she would cry. Even at the young age of 10 I knew they loved each other so very much. I knew that what they had was rare, and beautiful. When my mamaw passed several years back I pictured them young and carefree holding hands and enjoying every moment...and of course him kissing her hand like the picture above. I'm thankful for their love story.