Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I never thought it would happen...

I have to say that I am not a huge sports fan. Growing up, the only sport I ever enjoyed watching was baseball, and though I am a true blue Atlanta Braves fan, watching football is something I never have wanted to watch even for 5 minutes. My husband isn't a big football fan and I have always treasured this in him. I see other sports obsessed husband and have felt true sorrow for their wives. I thought I was off the hook from watching football forever and ever. Hmmmm....no one told me that just because you don't watch it in your home, certain boys have the natural born instinct to love it and obsess over it. I should have known that having three boys would result in a different vision than the one I dreamt up. Connor is currently obsessed and I don't have it in me to crush his obsession. I guess their could worse things to be obsessed with. And I have to say, once in a while I even get excited if something big is happening and my competitive side jumps out and I surprise even myself that I actually care who is going to win...and last night during the huge Ducks Vs. Auburn game when the Ducks tied it up in the last 2 minutes of the 4Th quarter, I jumped so high and screamed so loud that my boys' chins fell to the floor....and even Chris had to remind me to be quiet or I might wake up the baby. Yep, I'm thinking deep down inside me, I could actually get used to this football thing.