Friday, January 7, 2011

For the love of blankie...

So, when Scarlett was around 6 months old, I decided it was time for her to vacate my bed and learn to cry herself to sleep in her own. I always have a hard time with this and look for any little way to ease the sadness of my poor babies. I bought her a pink princess blanket that was so soft and snugly. Well, this blanket definitely wiggled it's way into her heart because when it is absent, all heck breaks through. So, whenever I need to wash it (which is often because she literally lives with it attached to her hip) I have to sneak and do it and pray she doesn't see. On this particular day (see below pic) she found it. We have a front loader washer and there it was in plain sight. Oh boy. She cried the entire time it washed....AND dried. I felt like yelling "For the love of blankie child....BE QUIET!" But, who could say that to a child this precious? Not this Mama.