Monday, December 6, 2010

Who is your hero?


Since we moved into our home, I have been looking for something uplifting that I could put in the kids' rooms. Not just plain random pictures, but something that would remind them of how great and wonderful they are, and also something that would remind them of who they are, and how important it is to be strong. I found a website online that sells posters called Real Hero Posters. I knew I had found exactly what I was in search for when I found this site. I pulled each of the kids in and they each picked a poster or hero if you will. These posters aren't little. They are so big and awesome. Each of the posters contain a question across the bottom that asks "Who Is Your Hero?" I won't go through the list of all the ones they each chose, but I did want to share the one Connor and Christian chose. They picked Samuel The Lamanite. They love this story because it's about Samuel from The Book Of Mormon who preached repentance but was not being heard or understood. He was brave despite the fact that people who didn't like what he had to say, were throwing arrows at him and trying to kill him. The Lord protected him and not one arrow penetrated him. It's an amazing story of faith. Each night as I say goodnight to my dear children, Connor asks every single night if I can leave the light on just long enough for him to read the story that is located on the bottom portion of the poster. And every night with out fail I say "Of course."