Friday, December 17, 2010

1908


One thing I have learned about living in a historic home is that I could never put a price on the sentimental value I have received since moving here. I like to imagine who lived here and what their life stories were. How they dressed, what they cooked, how they celebrated the Holidays. I think about this so much. Scarlett loves the old key locks that are original from 1908. She'll try to get a key in these for 20 minutes at a time, and I am not exaggerating. The kids also like to peek through to see what's on the other side. And in case you're wondering, the bedrooms and bathrooms are taped off with a piece of black tape. I hope that occurred to them way back then too. I would love to know everything they did way back when. For now I'll continue to wonder.