Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Mom Is So Darn Smart....


Do we ever stop learning from our Mothers? I suppose it depends on the mother we're speaking of, but somehow or another my mother continues to teach me. Yesterday she told me that she had come to the conclusion that we choose to have faith, or we choose to have fear. Then why not she says can't we choose to be happy? She said she's decided that when she is having a down day, she wants to choose to be happy. What astounded me the most about this conversation we were having is that she said she was at the grocery store, and started singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer out loud to herself, but to where others could hear. If you don't know my mom, then maybe this isn't shocking to you, but for those of you who do know her...um, this would NEVER happen. I felt proud of my mom for reaching out of her element. I felt proud knowing that even at her age (almost 60) she is still willing to learn knew ways of being a person that has real joy. I felt proud knowing she wouldn't keep that info to herself, but share it with me and allow me to learn from her. Maybe to others this new conclusion is a no brainer, but choosing to be happy doesn't always seems like an option, but in reality it most definitely is! I will try take her advice, and when I am having a day where my kids are driving me completely insane, I will put it to the test. Thanks Mom!