Monday, December 14, 2009

Discoveries and friendship




We had our good friends the Brennan's over for our annual tradition where we have dinner and exchange gifts. For whatever reason we got off track for a few years, but are now back to it. The kids had fun exchanging toys from their own toy boxes and playrooms. It was too funny and way cute. I made a few discoveries as I spent time with this great family. I realized that our kids aren't babies anymore. At least not most of them. I remember when their oldest girls were just babies. It amazed me as I watched them how quickly time passes us by. I also discovered that a doll we have in our toy box is Chris' twin (check out the pic) this was funny/creepy, and I can't believe I hadn't realized this sooner. I also discovered that when I met Tammy I was only 24 and I absolutely look 8 years older, but she doesn't. Oh well, some things are out of our control I guess. Most of all though, I discovered that friends are a part of life that should exist for anyone and everyone. I am grateful to them for being the people they are. I am grateful for all my good friends and the strength they give me to keep trudging forward!! Merry Christmas Brennan's until next year. :)