Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Thoughts...


Just having random happy thoughts about my dad that I would like to share. He really IS a terrific Grandpa (papaw.) Can't you tell? I have been sick the last few days. Caught a nasty bug from Grace, who caught it from Scarlett. Hopefully it ends with me. Anyway, I was randomly remembering one time when I was little and we went on a road trip with my dad. He ran into the store on our way out to buy us some coloring books. I couldn't wait!!! I was picturing Strawberry Shortcake (gosh I loved her.) Or some Barbie or Princess coloring book. To my astonishment and disappointment he came out with a G.I Joe coloring book. Are you kidding me? He did have 4 girls!!!!! Ahhh...I guess we can't be perfect all the time. I have since forgiven him. My dad is awesome because he doesn't get stuck in the times. He is always eager to learn something new. If there's a better way, he will learn it and execute it. I love this about him. The funny thing is, I look back on fond memories often (especially now that my parents are aging quickly) and I realize that my dad was at that time my age right now, or YOUNGER!!!! How scary is THAT???!!! I feel blessed to have a mom and a dad that are excellent human beings and taught me well.