Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lead...

When we were in Hawaii we saw this loving mother Duck leading her babies. In an odd kind of way I found myself identifying with this mother. I mean, it sounds kind of weird calling this Duck a mother but she is, isn't she? We watched her and her babies for a while. I noted how close the babies stayed to her. They basically mimicked her every move. There was no way that if that mother turned right, they weren't going to as well. They trusted her. Sometimes I forget how closely my children watch me. Just today, Grace put on some running shoes and begged and begged me to take her runnning. I asked her why she wanted to go so bad and she said "I want to be like you." It reminded me that I have to lead. My children ar relying on my example. Thankfully they are forgiving and see past my mistakes, but ultimately, I am leading them. That makes my job very significant. I hope I can live up to the task. I know this much, I am grateful for the chance. A scripture I love from the Book Of Mormon says “And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.” That's what I want for my little chicks. Peace, and knowledge that God loves them. I will do whatever it takes to help them achieve that.