Friday, February 15, 2013

I was born to be on a beach...

This is our 3rd trip to Hawaii. We feel blessed to be able to come here, and realize this may not always be so. It's something we enjoy because we are always so wrapped up in schedules and running our business that we don't always get to spend as much time together as we would like. This gives us a big chunk of time to reconnect. I loved watching my husband just lay around. If you know him well, you know he never stops going. He needed time to rest. I also relished in him playing on the beach with our kids. They loved to dig random big holes in the sand. It must be a guy thing. I also loved for myself being with Chris and the kids nonstop for 10 days. No distractions. Just each other. And our kids were kind to each other (most of the time.) We did have a few moments but all in all, they were pretty darn good. I love laughing with them. We all mesh well. I loved running in the warm weather. Halee and Austin and I would go at night time when it was cool and quiet. Connor even wanted to come. I think eventually we will have a whole track team on our hands. I'm just so grateful we got to go again. The memories we made are something I will always and forever cherish.