Thursday, March 7, 2013

Babies...

Okay, yesterday I was giving the girls a bath. They were both laying down with their entire bodies submerged and just their little faces poking out of the water. It struck me that I no longer have a chubby little baby to keep from drowning or falling under. I missed the smell of a freshly bathed baby. I missed the cute naked body with chubby rolls. I missed the dependency a baby has for their mama. For me. I asked myself if I was happy despite not having a precious baby to take care of. The answer was a resounding yes. I will always love the memories I have of my babies. And what I wouldn't give to turn back the clock for just a day to hold each of them again as infants. But the children they are now, and the people they are becoming is unequivocally just as rewarding as having them as babies.