Monday, December 10, 2012

Blessings on my birthday...

So, I woke this morning to a homemade card from my sweet husband of 15 years. In it he tells me that I'm more sexy and beautiful to him at 35 than ever before. Just the thing to say, right? Good job once again, Chris. He always says the right thing. I then smell pancakes and bacon. I head to the kitchen praying it's not just bacon, but crunchy bacon. Like I said, we have been married 15 years, so of course it's crunchy. And of course he got up a little earlier to surprise me. Chris then helps me get the kids off to school. He ushers me away as he does the load of laundry I normally do after he and the kids leave. He also makes our bed. He calls me several times through out the day just to say "Happy Birthday." We order chinese for dinner because cooking on my birthday doesn't sound like fun. We have german chocolate cake too....oh so yummy. Chris got me a gift I will forever treasure. A personalized Mother's necklace with charms containing each of my childrens names. Beautiful. It's something I will forever cherish. One of my birthday wishes was to play Uno with Chris and the kids. We played 3 rounds. I love this game because it's fun for adults and older kids, and yet even my 5 and 3 year old understands the concept. It's been a day I will always be grateful for. I didn't think about how "old" I'm getting today. Just how blessed I am.