Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cops and robbers...

So several months back my friend's Tammy and Alexis and I decided to do a runaway pumpkin half marathon. Tammy decided last minute that we would indeed be dressing up. Lex decided against it but try as I might, Tammy was determined. And as usual she did a great job coming up with ideas. So I ended up being the "cop" and her the Robber. She had on her back the saying "run like you stole something." It was pretty fantastic.

The run itself was full of rain. We arrived at 8:30am and were basically drenched long before the race even began at 9am. That was discouraging I must admit because I was so darn cold.

Once we started our bodies heated up and we kept a good pace of 9 minute miles or lower. The miles flew by and having Tammy there to keep me motivated helped tremendously. Alexis sped ahead of us and that helped motivate us too. Just having her in our sights until mile 11 kept us at a good pace. Eventually the speedy Gonzales was gone. I am proud of her though. She did excellent. And she trained hard.

Tammy and I have been running but not training as we should. But luckily our bodies have not forgotten the running skills we have acquired and we averaged a 8:52 pace. Better than we planned for. I must say though, when I finished i felt lightheaded and thought I might pass out. Never had that happen before. The rain got to me I think.

All in all it was a great time, and happy to have another run under my belt.