Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Aunt is more than just an Aunt...

She is my mother's twin sister. That in my opinion, is a pretty special thing. She passed away from cancer yesterday. I've been thinking about how hard it would be to lose someone who practically makes up half of you. How could you let go, feeling like a part of you has gone to the other side too? Mom mom sounds just like my Aunt. They look almost exactly the same. I'm convinced that identical twins share something regular siblings do not. They are different, yet they are one.

I have a strong mother. She doesn't always know she's strong, but I do. I have seen how dedicated she is to the gospel. That takes strength. I've seen her raise 5 children who could be a real pain in the real. That takes strength. I've seen her battle illness and come out strong. I've witnessed her faith. And I gotta tell ya, my mom has the faith to move mountains. Prayer means more to her than anyone I have ever met, because she believes in the power that comes from it.

Yes, my sweet, beautiful, Aunt has passed on, and she will be so very missed, but I know that the hard part comes to those who are left behind. My moms heart will ache for a time. This season of her life will be a sad one. But she will be filled with strength to get through it, because of her faith. Because Heavenly father loves her so very much. I have no doubt that she will one day be reunited with her other half, and she will feel complete once again.