Sunday, February 5, 2012

Women...


I know this might seem like a strange question, but do you ever wish you were a woman from the 1800's? I do. I think it would be so fun to not have T.V or Internet for a while. To churn your own butter. Bake your own bread. Milk a cow. Gather eggs from your chickens. I think I would appreciate food more if I had to work so hard to get it. It's just too darn easy to run to the grocery store and grab a gallon a milk for the week (make that 8 gallons for us.) I really admire women of that time, because they were such hard workers. Truly amazing women.

On the other hand I wouldn't want to stay in that time. All the death that took place because of lack of medicines would totally freak me out. And we have so many religious freedoms that those women didn't have the luxury of having.

I wouldn't want to change when and what time period I was born, but I also want to remember always, how much sacrifice was made from those that came before us.