Wednesday, February 8, 2012

3 years old is still a baby, right?


Scarlett will be three in 4 short months. For whatever reason, the age of three is sort of the age that has always represented for me... not being a baby anymore. At least that's how I looked at it with all 5 of my other children. Something weird is happening though. Since I'm not having anymore children, Scarlett never really seems to get older. Sure, she's talking like crazy...even arguing with her siblings. Eats everything we eat. Skips naps often, and has much more hair than the average newborn (or the average person if you count all those curls,) but she still seems to be the baby. I talked to Chris to see if this is happening to him too, and he said that yes! She is still a baby, and probably will be for a long, long time. And guess what? I am completely and unequivocally okay with that.