Saturday, April 15, 2017

Letting go...

How do I put my thoughts into words without sounding scattered? Because quite honestly I feel scattered and my feelings are kind of all over the place. We awoke yesterday morning to the day our daughter would become Halee Thomas. Taking her to the temple and watching her and Jared be sealed together was emotional in the "good cry" kind of way. Everything I had ever wanted for her happened right before my very eyes. Seeing the happiness and joy in their faces is a moment I will never in my lifetime forget.

Saying goodbye to them as they ran to their car was surreal. I was clapping and Chris was quietly crying. 

This morning when I woke up I felt sad which I didn't expect. I realized that my little girl was gone for good. 2600 miles would most likely remain between us for many years to come. That was a hard pill to swallow. 

Saying goodbye to your child is not easy. But she and he were given excellent counsel during their sealing. The sealer (the man marrying them) said to them that they are now one. They are their very own family. Not even parents are part of this Union. We can of course be there for them, but this is THEIR life. 

It may take some getting used to, but underneath those sad layers of my heart lies insurmountable joy.