Sunday, April 23, 2017

A truly good man...

When I opened up Halee's wedding photos these were the first few I saw. I knew upon first glance what was transpiring and I immediately felt goosebumps and my heart felt warm inside. It's my dad...no doubt giving his sweet granddaughter and new grandson in law words of wisdom. That's what my dad does. That's what he's cherished for. My sister and I talked on the phone and she had the same exact reaction. She said "that picture of Halee and dad. It brought a tear to my eye." It touched us so, because this is the man who taught us what a good man is, just by being one. I'll forever be grateful to my dad for every piece of advice he's ever given me. For every lecture he threw at me as a child...teenager....adult. For every time he called me out and told me to do/be/act better. I can honestly say that without this (along with a billion things my mom did to teach me) I would not...could not...be the woman, mother and wife I am today. Thank you, dad....a million times over. 

P.S Thank you mom, for marrying a good man and being an example of choosing to settle for nothing less than a man who loves you dearly.