Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I'm sitting on my bed after church, listening to the hustle and bustle of what's going on in my kitchen. It's Mother's Day. We go to church early so breakfast in bed isn't the most practical option. I however LOVE breakfast food, so I have requested breakfast for lunch.

My bedroom is right near the kitchen so I hear Chris handing out assignments. "Halee, can you make the pancakes?" "Connor, can you pour the milk?" "Austin, can you fry the bacon?" And so on...

It's a lovely sound, actually. It's not the sound of cooking. It's the sound of selflessness. The sound of love.

I love being a Mother. No other gift or accomplishment will ever compare to the beauty of all of this. If only I can hold onto it...I want it to last forever.

P.S Happy Mother's Day to my own beautiful, kind, loving Mother. I am who I am because of you.