Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Halee turns 18...

This gorgeous girl turned 18 today. She's only two years younger than I was when I had her. How's that even possible? It means two things...Halee is growing up...and I am getting old.

Halee has been such a rock for me the last two years. She's helped pick up the pieces while I endeavored to go back to school. She learned in that process to be an amazing cook and house keeper. 

I go to her as a sound board. She always has great advice and is willing to listen to me ramble. 

Being her mom had been pure joy. I miss playing dollhouse with her. I miss spoon feeding her Malto meal. I miss giving her a bath and putting her in clean Jammie's. I miss reading to her. I will always miss those things, but seeing the woman she has turned into makes my heart swell with happiness that she is mine. I will always be her mommy and she'll always be my Halee bug and nothing will ever change that.