Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The day I tried to kill my sister...

And it didn't work. You see, she's just too dang strong. It wasn't really a premeditated attempted murder...more like attempted manslaughter because I didn't really want to hurt her but feared I might. You see...I invited my sister, April to run an epic adventure with me where 12 crazy girls take turns running all the way from portland to eugene. She hadn't been training at all when I called her up telling her our team was in need of one more runner or we couldn't run. She of course (being the adventurous girl that she is) said yes. She literally had three weeks to train for a race that she should have been training a minimum of 12 weeks for. She did it though and by golly she did it well. She didn't die...like I previously feared....she even smiled and yelled "woohoo!!" While running. I'm so proud of her resilience. I'm thankful to be found "not guilty" on this one.

I love running epic every year. It helps me realize that somewhere deep in my core, there's a girl that is strong. It gives me mile after mile to reflect on life and challenge my mental capacity. Especially when you're running in hot weather with no shade and you think you might die. But then you don't, and life is GOOD. 

It's a learning experience challenging yourself to do hard things...and realizing that despite the fact that you want to stop and sit down in the middle of the road, you keep going....because you can.