Monday, May 25, 2015

The phantom strikes...

A series of strange events took place on Saturday and Sunday. Halee's only wish for her 17th birthday was to accompany Chris and I to see phantom of the opera. I have always wanted to see this production so couldn't wait. I purchased tickes 4 months in advance and we've been counting down the days ever since. I tucked my tickets away for safe keeping until the big day (this last Saturday.) We ate out before and are waiting in line to turn in our beloved and treasured tickets when they are scanned and the scanner says "INVALID." The scanner guy looks at the tickets and says "these were for Friday...yesterday"...my stomach dropped through the floor. This was the final night...SOLD OUT. I had missed the date. How? Howww?????? I still do not know. We were rejected and sent away. So many thoughts...poor halee, how did I do that? How can I get in without getting arrested? I quickly realized it was too late and nothing could be done. Thankfully halee wasn't dwelling on it like I was. 

The next day my best friend texted and said "we have a treasure to bring you" so she shows up at my house with her husband, 3 daughters and niece and performs the cutest, funniest version of phantom of the opera you could ever imagine. This lifted out spirits and was EXACTLY what we needed.

After they left Chris and I went a little crazy and got all dressed up and performed (for the kids) a few phantom songs...karaoke style. The kids did a beautiful set for us, with rose petals scattered and all. The best part was I still fit in my wedding dress...praise the heavens above. That was a beautiful moment.

All in all, yes...we missed phantom, but with the help of wonderful friends, a resilient daughter and a husband willing to play dress up, it all worked out and we are all smiling again.