Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day...the very best holiday on earth...

I did a very bad thing on Mother's Day of all days. I watched a family video of when we brought our firstborn home from the hospital. Why is this bad you ask? Because HELLO...it made me want another baby. And by golly that just can't happen. But yikes...it made me remember that my very happiest, most cherished times in this life have been having beautiful, wonderful, cherished babies. I can't say I'm the best mom in the whole world, but what I can say is that my babies were and always are, bathed, fed, nurtured and loved. Hopefully this means that when they grow up, they remember the good I had to offer, and maybe forget the times I yelled, overreacted, or lacked the patience or listening ear they needed. I can tell u this...I'm trying. As moms that's all we can really do, right? Press forward and when we mess up...don't beat ourselves up but vow to once again, TRY. I love motherhood. Maybe it's because I had a wonderful mother, maybe it's because I have wonderful children, or better yet...maybe it's because I have both.