Saturday, June 14, 2014

Am I okay with this?

I hardly think so. My sweet halee has been at her small, safe, family-ish school for 11 years. The school only goes through 10 grades so it's time for her to move on. Her principle and teacher declared for all present at her 10th grade recognition that "Halee is my favorite student."

I remember when we moved to this beautiful piece of heaven, we call our town, and halee was only 4 years old. I frantically searched for a school that would A. Give her an excellent education and B. Teach her moral values that are hard to come by these days. This school fulfilled both those requirements and more. 

When I enrolled her and I was told that they only went through 10th grade I thought to myself "that's YEARS from now." And in true Scarlett Ohara fashion I said "I'll think about that tomorrow." Well my friends (gosh, I like pretending I know what I'm talking about)...tomorrow was yesterday...because tomorrow means now...then...and everything inbetween. It comes like a thief in the night and try as I might, it WILL come whether I want it to or not. 

I'm a happy girl though, and do you know why? Because my 16 year old daughter has turned out to be more than I ever could have asked for. She's loving, kind, smart, spiritual, and by golly...she knows what she wants. And this to me compensates for the fact that time has been stolen. We love you sweet halee bug.