Saturday, January 4, 2014

Privacy...

When we first moved to our town halee was only four years old. I remember visiting an older couple and halee asked to use their restroom. After halee had been in the bathroom a few minutes the little old lady asked "is there anything you need in there?" Halee replied "I need my privacy."

What is privacy? I used to know that word a long time ago but now it's definition escapes me. Apparently I'm not the only one. I've been finding Scarlett's treasured pictures in this little armoire in my dining room. I threw one away a few days back and today I heard her running through the house, (yelling in her angriest voice) "who took my picture from the armoire!" I felt terrible. 

It is true...one thing that comes from a large family is lack of privacy. All of my kids have complained about it at one time or another. Even Chris and I wonder if we will ever be able to leave anything out without it getting snatched away by curious fingers. Ahhh...but one day I will miss my things going missing, although I'm not so sure the kids will.