Thursday, January 30, 2014

Date night with this handsome fella...

One thing I haven't done in a long time, is take the kids on one-on-one dates. It seems there is never any time, even in the evenings. There's always something we have to be to. I finally came to the conclusion that I'm just going to have to make it work even if it's only for 30 minutes. It's too important not to make a priority. Last week I took Connor, and he talked and talked and talked. It was then that I realized, that I had made a good choice in making it happen.

Then it was Christians turn, he was the same way. He chatted the entire time. I found myself doing very little talking and lots and lots of listening. I absolutely loved it.

I of all people need the reminder, that life is too short to not make our sweet children a priority.