Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ahem..excuse me, but I think that trophy belongs to me???

Pinewood derby for us is usually victorious. We went into it thinking we would win first again. We have either placed 1st or 2nd every year for the past 4 years. This year though? It wasn't pretty. Connor's didn't place at all. Boo. Christian was thrilled though because he at least placed 3rd. We have been trying to figure out what went wrong this year. We have asked ourselves some questions. "What did we do different?" "How can we do better next year?" Why the heck couldn't we have won?" "That trophy should be MINE!!!" Okay, maybe we weren't that bad. And then we answer ourselves by saying "Stop being ridiculous. It's just a race for kids, for crying out loud." I think I was more sad than the boys. Oy. I learned from my sweet boys that it's just for fun. They were great sportsman's to kids who won. I was impressed. Big time.