Monday, January 7, 2013

The year I broke the birthday rules...

I couldn't have been more than 8 or 9 years old the year my sister Gina got a cabbage patch doll named Lanette. I will never forget how incredibly jealous I was. I was a huge doll person and the smell and adorableness of the doll was almost more than I could stand. I asked my mom if she would be willing to buy me my birthday present 2 months early so I too could have a cabbage patch doll. She went along with my ridiculous idea and that's when Felise (my doll) became mine. It may sound silly but I still am thankful she let me do that, that year. I also remember when my parents took us to the Babyland General Hospital where all the cabbage patches live and are waiting to be adopted. That was amazing. So, I just had to get the girls a cabbage patch this year, and they too are in love with theirs. It' been so fun re living good childhood times through them.