Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Time out for women and girls...


This past weekend my friend Tammy and I took our oldest daughter's to an event called Time out for women, and girls. Halee was super excited because she got a picture with her favorite spiritual author John Bytheway.

I'm a firm believer that one way to keep our kids strong and happy is to give them spiritual experiences periodically to help them remember that they do have a testimony. I'm hoping this strategy works for our family. So far Halee amazes me with her knowledge of the gospel and her desire to choose the right. This doesn't mean she's perfect, but it does mean she's trying. That's all I am asking for.

We had a blast with the girls. We ate out, stayed up late, and laughed a lot. It was a grand old time. We came home feeling a little happier about life.